Welcome to our maintenance FAQ.
Each room in the house has a QR code that takes you to the maintenance FAQ for that room.
As you know, keeping a house in good condition requires regular maintenance. This page is intended to answer any questions you may have on a daily basis.
How do I maintain my tumble dryer? My sink is blocked? What should I do?
The dishwasher requires regular cleaning and maintenance. Food frequently gets stuck in the filter, which can damage the machine.
Oils and fats should be put in containers and disposed of in the bin rather than in the sink, as they become hard and clog the drains when they come into contact with water.
Rinse your plate before putting it in the dishwasher and remember to maintain the dishwasher by following these steps (once a month)
There are 4 steps to good maintenance:
- Add special dishwasher salt to the compartment inside the dishwasher, next to the filter
- Add rinse aid to the comportment next to the soap
- Wash the filters (lower part of the dishwasher)
- Put vinegar in the dishwasher and run a dry wash without soap
95% des problèmes sont dus à un manque d’entretien. Il est donc de votre responsabilité d’en prendre soin ainsi que de la réparation si nécessaire.
- The dishes are dirty after washing
1 – Check that the dishes have been correctly positioned and are not touching each other
2 – It is possible that not enough detergent has been used. Use more detergent or get a new one.
3 – The spray arms may be blocked. Change the position of the dishes so that they do not block their rotation
4 – The filters probably need cleaning. Clean them or install them properly
5 – Hard water can cause scale deposits. Add detergent.
It is necessary to clean the sink after each use. Do not hesitate to use products specifically designed for cleaning drains.
If the water in your sink drains slowly or does not drain at all, the drain in your sink is probably blocked. This may be due to food residues blocking the drain in the siphon. It is imperative that you use the sink drain (a grid to prevent the passage of detritus) and that you systematically clean up after yourself.
- The siphon is located in the cabinet under the sink. If the space is used for storage, you will need to clear it to gain access.
- Place bucket under the trap to catch any standing water under the sink.
- Unscrew the bottom part of the trap. Hold the top part firmly with your second hand as not to upset the pipework when unscrewing.
- The debris and water will empty into the bucket. Check that none remains before screwing back in.
- Screw back in, replacing the gasket, which is essential for the use of the sink. If you have lost or discarded the gasket, the entire drain will need to be replaced.
- Once you have completed the steps, run water again to check for leaks. If there is a leak tighten the pipes and the trap a little more.
- Presence of frost
Remove the food and scrape off the frost with a spatula. Consider raising the thermostat of the appliance, which may be running too high.
- Refrigerator light
- It is normally possible to remove the bulb cover with bare hands
- Remove the non-functional bulb and note the reference number between the base and the bulb
- Install the new bulb and replace the cover
- The fridge is not cold enought
You just have to lower the temperature via the thermostat in the refrigerator
The water in Brussels contains a lot of limescale that can damage the kettle. It is important ti maintain it. A kettle that is scaled up encourages the development of bacteria and overconsumption of energy : the appliance become less efficient.
How to clean it?
- Boil white vinegar in water (about 1 cup of white vinegar to 5 cups of water)
- Rinse well once
- Boil clear water again 2 or 3 times to use again for your consumption
The kitchen hood is used to extract steam and smells from the kitchen. This means that the hood gets dirty with each use. It is therefore important that the hood is cleaned regularly.
How to clean it?
- Remove the filter, degrease it by soaking it with household alcohol and then replace it.